The term “stay in your lane” was not coined in vain. I’m a firm believer that people need to be with people they have a lot in common with. It doesn’t mean that opposites can’t attract, but realistically, the more you have in common, the more likely you are to enjoy one another’s company. So if you’re eyeing a woman you think is absolutely great but you think she won’t give you the time of day, there’s a few ways to know she’s out of your league.
1. She’s got an MBA and you’ve got a GED. No bueno. Inevitably this relationship will experience a mental turbulence because you simply won’t be able to keep up. If you barely finished high school and this woman is obviously serious about her education, what exactly are you going to talk about? Look at Phaedra Parks and Apollo Nida? He’s a pretty boy and she was the ugly duckling so she’s paying to play. This is fine if you have the type of woman who simply wants you to be arm candy, but most women want a man they can admire and look up to. They want to be proud of who he is and what he does. Unless you’re Richard Branson, your GED ain’t gonna cut it. And no amount of upgrading from her is going to turn a toad into a King even with a kiss.
2. She’s making power moves and you still can’t figure out what you want to do in life. She’s goal oriented and focused. Meanwhile you’re still going from job to job while you try to figure out what it is you want to do with your life. Ultimately, she’ll leave you behind. Of course not everyone knows what they want to do all the time. It takes some of us years to finally find our niche. But if you haven’t even started, all you’re going to do is hold her back or get left behind. If you’re with someone who is simply much more advanced than you, be prepared to struggle. It may not be what you want to hear, but it’s more likely to happen than not.
3. She dresses like she stepped off the runway and you look like you just left the frat house. She’s a class act and takes time with her appearance while you simply just throw on whatever is clean and wrinkle free. If she constantly has to check out your clothes before you go out and make sure you’re groomed, you’re not on your A game. Now don’t get me wrong, there are men who simply need tweaking and fine tuning with their wardrobe because they have simply been focused on other things. However, if you constantly look like you just rolled out of bed and she looks like she should be on the pages of Vogue, she’s out of your league sweetie.
4. Her conversations are way over your head. You can’t relate to anything she talks about. You can’t hold a decent conversation with her without feeling ostracized. Or you simply just don’t get it. Intelligence can’t be bought, either you have it or you don’t and if you’re not able to hold your own on an intellectual level, you’re going to eventually run out of things–if there is anything to talk about.
5. Your finances don’t meet or exceed hers. Money isn’t everything. But when you don’t have it, life sucks. If a woman really wants to be with you and you’re not necessarily in a position to wine and dine her, she’ll stick around. However, if you’re always broke, she’s going to feel used and not want to be bothered. And don’t think you’re a pimp if a woman is paying. It actually makes you look like a loser. I’m all for going dutch if I know my man’s strapped, hell I’ll even pay. But men are supposed to be providers and providers lead and take care of their woman and family. It’s not cute to have a woman taking care of you. Grow some balls.