1. She only wants to be bothered with you when you’re spending money. Women are funny creatures, but when we really like a guy, money isn’t a huge issue. I’ve dated plenty of guys who were not “rich” or “paid” simply because I found them enchanting and adorable at the time. But there are women who make it a point to go after any and every man they see and it doesn’t matter who he is. We can see that the way celebrities and entertainers recycle mates. And women are slick, they may not outright ask you for money or about money, but if that’s all she’s about, it will show quickly. A woman with good intentions only wants you to enhance her. Yes we want a provider, but unless she’s a prostitute–or heaux, she’s going to be with you for you. Know when someone is blowing smoke up your ass, and know when someone is truly into you. If she’ll eat with you at Popeye’s, then she’ll eat with you at Ruth Chris’. Remember your money doesn’t make you desirable to a gold digger, it makes you tolerable.
2. When you need something she is too busy or nowhere to be found. Most guys don’t “need” a woman per se. But say for example you get food poisoning and can’t make it to work or get out of bed. If she doesn’t offer to come see about you and make sure you’re okay, she doesn’t care. A woman who likes you will go to the ends of the earth to make sure you’re okay, especially if you’ve been there for her. Don’t buy into the “I hate sick people”, “I hate hospitals” crap. It’s b.s. If my man needs me, I’m there, even if I have to drag him on my back out of bed to help him to the bathroom!
3. Her body language and her reaction when you touch her makes you feel inadequate. She’s not affectionate, she turns her nose up when she has to kiss you (either she doesn’t like you or your breath is hideous), she doesn’t hug you often, or doesn’t try to get close to you. As women we want to be close to our men. There’s nothing like a man’s arms around you or his lips against yours, we live for it. If you she doesn’t want to be near you, she loathes you, pure and simple.
4. She’s only happy when you’re doing something for her. If you aren’t paying a bill, driving her around in your nice car and giving her something she wants, she’s just not that into you. Be mindful, if you start out talking about what you can do for us, be prepared to keep the dream alive. A lot of men want to brag about how much money they have, how much rent they can pay, they want to take us shopping, blah, blah, blah, well sweetie put your money where your mouth is. Pay or go. Never sell a woman a dream then renege on it. We will never believe anything else that comes out of your mouth. It’s fine to be a gentleman, but don’t pull out your cape unless you’re ready to fly.
5. She doesn’t tell you when you stink, look a hot mess or when you’re making a mistake. She doesn’t encourage you to be a better man. She doesn’t like you dude. Realize it and run as fast as you can. I’m big on my man looking his best when he’s with me because I do my best to always look like a prize. This has nothing to do with materialism or arrogance, I simply represent myself first, him second. I don’t want people looking at me saying, “What the hell is she wearing?” any more than I want somebody to look at him and say, “Uugh, why is she with him?” As humans we are naturally voyeurs. I get excited when I see cute couples and think, “Awww.” So of course I want people to think the same thing. Looking your best is something everyone should do for themselves. If your woman isn’t telling you that you look like for lack of a better word–shit, then best believe you are NOT the apple of her eye. Pay attention to the signs, boo. They’re always there.